2020 has been a particularly trying year for everyone. Far from being overwhelmed, let’s take advantage of the holiday season to rest, relax and above all, prepare for the next year, which we hope will be full of good news and happy events! We spoke to Benoît Chalifoux, published author and expert on interpersonal relationships, and he gave us all of his great tips on how to be your best next year.
What does “being your best” mean exactly?
For me, it’s about encouraging people to constantly push their limits: stretch their comfort zone as much as possible, maximize their curiosity about anything and everything, every day. This is what allows us to propel ourselves every day to be a better version of ourselves!
What would be your 3 resolutions to start 2021 on the right foot?
1) Stimulate your curiosity! Learn something new every day!
2) Make a gesture of generosity per day. Give a compliment, to give of your time, to offer your skills, or to have little daily attentions, it can be something very simple, like a coffee for example!
3) Marvel at the beauty around you. Whether it’s a stunning sunset, or the beauty of the scenery from a mountain top, take the time to observe your surroundings and enjoy the view, without a cell phone.
What will your good resolutions be this year?
1) Get even closer to a perfect balance between the work that fascinates me so much and my family that I love so much! This is my biggest challenge. know how to say no!
2) Reduce even more my daily consumption of social networks!
3) Take more time for myself (sport and learn more through books or podcast for example)
4) Improve my ability to actively listen to others
What can we wish you for 2021?
Health for my family and loved ones, that’s it!
Benoit Chalifoux is a speaker in the field of sales soft skills and diversity in the business sector in Canada, Africa and Europe. He is also assistant to the vice-dean, international, lecturer and manager at the School of Management Sciences of the University of Quebec in Montreal (ESG UQAM). In the course of his duties, he has developed more than 80 partnership agreements with the most prestigious universities around the world. He has also taught all over the world in addition to supporting start-ups. He is the author of a book on relationship skills called “Being Your Best, The Incredible Power of Relationship Skills”. A graduate of Paris Dauphine University with an Executive Master in Business (EMBA), he also holds an MBA from ESG UQAM.
Discover his website: https://www.benoitchalifoux.com/